HiPP COMBIOTIC® video
Combining the best science and nature: For our goal of our research on breast milk and gut microbiota for 20 years. Learn more about our pre- & probiotics in our infant formulae!
Definitely the ideal combination
Based on the latest findings of breast milk research, the Nutritional Science department of HiPP has developed a new generation of infant milk: HiPP COMBIOTIC®.
HiPP ORGANIC COMBIOTIC® with Metafolin®
- natural folate form (5-MTHF) as found in human milk1
- immediately available to the body, it does not need to be metabolised
- Metafolin® is safe for use in formulae2
- Lactobacillus fermentum hereditum® CECT5716
- unchanged original lactic acid culture from breast milk3-5,*
- a primary coloniser of the intestine6
- supports a healthy intestinal flora7
- contributes to modulation of immune response8,9
Proven prebiotic: GOS
- galacto-oligosaccharides obtained from organic lactose
- stool consistency and frequency similar to breastfed children7–10, 17
- promotes the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria10-12, 14
- proven to be safe15
Clinical studies prove: Safety & significantly fewer infections
HiPP ORGANIC COMBIOTIC® supports the development of a healthy intestinal microbiota with its synbiotic composition1,2:
Clinical studies1, 2 prove:
- combination of pro- and prebiotics is safe and beneficial
- significantly fewer infections
- combination of GOS + L. fermentum significantly better than prebiotic (GOS) alone
Important palmitic acid
- saturated fatty acids predominate in breast milk
- important for good tolerability of formula16
> less watery and more yellowy stools (similar to those of breastfed children)
Omega 3 and 6 LCP
- evidence-based and recommended17
- important for cognitive and visual development
- optimum ratio of omega 3 and 6 LCP (DHA and ARA)
Appropriately low protein content
- < 2.0 g/100 kcal, tailored to physiological needs18
- obtained from high-quality organic milk and whey
Important notice: Depending on country-specific markets, the HiPP product range can differ. Please visit for detail your local consumer-website.
HiPP ORGANIC COMBIOTIC® supplies all the key, high-quality macro- and micronutrients in the appropriate quantities.
Suitable HiPP info material
HiPP ORGANIC COMBIOTIC® with Metafolin®: bringing us one step closer to nature’s example.
L. fermentum CECT5716 and Galacto-oligosaccharides in HiPP ORGANIC COMBIOTIC® formulae.
1 Page R et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2017 May; 105(5): 1101–1109.
2 Troesch B et al. PLoS ONE 2019; 14(8): e0216790 LB et al. J Nutr. 2015; 145:1636–1680.
3 Martin R et al. J Pediatr 2003; 143(6):754–758.
4 Martin R et al. J Hum Lact 2005; 21(1):8–17.
5 Lara-Villoslada F et al. Br J Nutr 2007; 98(suppl 1): 96–100.
6 Blaut M & Loh C in: Bischoff SC: Probiotika, Präbiotika und Synbiotika; Thieme 2009; 2–23.
7 Maldonado-Lobon JA et al. Pharmacol Res 2015; 95–96:12–19
8 Olivares M et al. Nutr 2007; 23(3): 254–260.
9 Perez-Cano FJ et al. Immunobiology 2010; 215(12): 996–1004.
10 Ben XM et al. Chin Med J 2004; 117(6): 927–931.
11 Fanaro S et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2009; 48:82–88.
12 Sierra C et al. Eur J Nutr 2015; 54(1):89–99.
13 Ashley C et al. Nutrition Journal 2012; 11:38.
14 Ben XM et al. World J Gastroenterol 2008; 14(42): 6564–6568.
15 FDA. 2008; GRAS Notices GRN No.236.
16 Lloyd B et al. Pediatrics 1999; 103(1): e7.
17 Koletzko B et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2020; 111: 10–16.
18 Koletzko B et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2009, 89(6):1836–1845.